Saturday, February 18, 2012

Looking In

Sometimes writing down the way I feel is very therapeutic. Sometimes, it scares me half to death! I'm revealing a part of me that I'm uncomfortable showing, and I think the reasoning behind that is because I am insecure about showing my insecurities. That makes sense, right, that someone with insecurities would be hesitant to share them, even with a few?  But with God, we have the ability to bring out into light what was in the dark. Since darkness and light cannot co-exist, His light will fill all the dark places with such intensity that healing is inevitable, and that's where I want to be. It reminds me of the beauty of a sunrise after a cloudy night filled with rain.  

Take a look at these lyrics from a song by Mariah Carey. It's about being someone who is scared to let their true self be known...

You look at me and see the girl
Who lives inside the golden world
But don't believe
That's all there is to see
You'll never know the real me

Hmm
She smiles through a thousand tears
And harbors adolescent fears
She dreams of all
That she can never be
She wades in insecurity, yeah
And hides herself inside of me

Don't say, "She takes it all for granted"
I'm well aware of all I have
Don't think that I am disenchanted
Please understand

It seems as though I've always been
Somebody outside looking in
Well, here I am for all of them to bleed
But they can't take my heart from me
And they can't bring me to my knees
They'll never know the real me

Listen at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXp4xScvIWo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment