Monday, February 20, 2012

War

    4For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds,

    5[Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One)...(2 corinthians 10:4-5)

I have discovered what it will take for me to stay on this path of healing and grace and not wilt from the pressure to turn around. And there is a measurable amount of pressure, especially when you're insecure, to hang onto your bogus securities with everything you have got inside of you. Everything is telling you that if you lose that [false security], then you've lost everything. So, it stands to reason, it will take an equal amount of gumption to stand up and say "No". To push back and say you don't need any security but what the Lord God offers (which, by the way, is everything we need! 1 Corinthians, 2 Peter 1:3-4).    

It will take trust, first. I can't go with God down this road if I don't first trust Him. Do I? Admittedly, some days are better than others. I have to know that I am the apple of His eye, that He "know[s] the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. " (Jeremiah 29:10-12).  There are certain strongholds in my life that only God can break, and I'm choosing to trust Him to break them. It's not easy to trust someone who you cannot see, but that's what I call faith! I have faith in God to fulfill the promises He spoke over me the day I was created, and I can guarantee that these strongholds weren't part of His promises. But He has a solution for strongholds, too! See, in 2 Corinthians 10 Paul talks about the stronghold, and how God is able to "overthrow and destroy" them. That is some mighty work right there! I have got to allow Him to do that, though. I need to declare war on my strongholds and fight with the weapons He has given me..."Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication." Ephesians 6:14-18 

I have answers right in front of my nose, but sometimes when push comes to shove, I fail. It's okay. God never said it would be an easy fight. But a fight God and I can win? I'll bet my life on it. I'm stopping right now to claim victory in Christ. I'm saying out loud Ephesians 6:14-18, putting those weapons in my aersonal. There is power in the spoken word, and I am trying to meditate on Scripture and say it out loud when I feel threatened or defeated. Victory is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment