Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Midweek Confession

I have decided to lighten things up around here:) I am following the cue of fellow blogger Elizabeth over at E, Myself & I and making my own "Midweek Confessions" on Wednesdays. Read if you'd like to, or share your own silly "confession". Either way, I hope you get a laugh at my expense and can agree with me that life doesn't have to be so serious all the time. There is a time for fun...and I've named it Wednesday :) So, here are few confessions from this week...
  • I am an in-the-closet Justin Bieber fan. I may nor may not know all of the words to his song "Baby", and I may or may not have sung all of them (happily) in the car on the way home. I also may or may not (really) love like his latest: "As Long As You Love Me".
  • My daughter has this annoying "tween" habit of huffing and rolling her eyes at me when she's around her friends (and sometimes when she's not). I admit that it is also my habit to huff about and roll my eyes when things aren't going my way. Apparently, the apple does not fall far from the tree.
  • I have gotten back into God's Word by starting to read the book of Psalms, one Psalm a day. It's taking me awhile, as I often read, don't get it, read again, don't remember what I just read, then read again. And most of the time I still don't remember what I read. But here's what stuck out to me this week:
The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. (Psalm 16:6)


  • I am a serial painter, meaning I change my mind daily about paint colors for my house. All it takes is seeing one single episode of "Sarah's House" on HGTV for me to totally wish my paint colors were different (see Great Idea post here). Currently, I am into grey. Grey walls, grey striped rug, marble floors...GREY.


  • I have a very hard time throwing stuff away, as evidenced below (I didn't used to have this problem). Why do I still have a 13" tube TV in the age of plasma?? I finally did something about it this week. No, I haven't gone so far as to actually give this stuff away! I've just moved it to a new location and labeled it "Give Away". Baby steps.

I really need to do something about this. It's too much. When I will ever use some of the stuff I have saved in the name of thriftiness...

My mother saved everything. Maybe I inherited her "save-this-in-case-you-need-it-in-ten-years" gene.

No comments:

Post a Comment