Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Midweek Confession

Thanks to linking up with E, Myself &I, who started Midweek Confessions (check out her blog at emyselfandi.com), it's Wednesday again, which means time for my own Midweek Confessions...

*I was so mad at my daughter the other day (see the post on Anger Management) that the only thing I could sputter was "YOU! are on notice."

*I love to workout, so I got the Insanity workout thinking it would be a great thing. Turns out, I do not enjoy working out as much as I thought I did, and I find Shaun T. to be suspiciously fit--as in, maybe he's not really human...

*We need a new refrigerator. We do not want to have to buy a new refrigerator, and therefore keep putting said new purchase off. I finally marched myself into Ferguson today to look. Do not go to Ferguson. They have such awesome stuff you will instantly be convinced you need all new appliances. Suddenly, the fridge I had in mind to buy that was at one time a perfectly reasonable, very nice refrigerator was somehow tainted by the super-refrigerator (an awesome built-in Sub-Zero). Now here's the real confession: for just a few short blissfull moments, I actually was delusional enough to think that maybe we could swing the $7500 price tag...and even though I know it's really not an option, I'm still gonna show my husband the pictures I took in the store (yes, I actually took pictures of the fridge in the store. I will not include the new pictures here, even though it crossed my mind. No judgement please.).

*I'm having curious thoughts (this really shows my insecurity), questioning whether some of our friends really like hanging out with us or not. So much so that I had to call my sister and ask her if she thought we were cool people to hang out with. There are no words. At least she's my sister and she understands!

Tell me what's happening with you!

3 comments:

  1. Welll...I'm fretting over my cat Lex who has pancreatitis. I thought he was getting better and came home tonight to find out he'd thrown up several times while I was at dinner. He seems okay now, but I'm pondering what to do - do we go back to the vet tomorrow? Do I go on to work and come home at lunch to check on him? I get irrational about my two cats.

    I had dinner tonight with a friend I met at work. She is definitely a blessing in my life and evidence of God's hand in returning me to Roanoke. I've been back home for over a year now - how is that even possible???

    I just finished a book, so I'm going through the dithering back and forth process over what book to read next...

    And I have insecure thoughts, too, as to whether people actually like me or if they like other people better, etc. Of late, I find myself cutting those thoughts off with a, "oh, would you just shut up about that!" Amazingly, it works. ;-)

    And over the last month or two, my unsaved relatives have been on my heart more than ever. I don't know how to reach them. I'm not sure I could do a face-to-face conversation, so I keep pondering letters, but wondering if that's the way to go about it. I'm praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I have seen the Insanity commercials and they scare me. While I would love to think that if I did Insanity or PX90 (there are now classes in Roanoke???) I would suddenly be all ripped, I think in actuality I would suddenly be all dead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is through a nice to meet new people and their land, culture and nature. Come and look at you Teuvo Kuvat - Teuvo images, both at the same time will be my blog collection flag depicting your country's flag to rise higher. You should also tell all your friends to my blog by fermentation. Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete