Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Midweek Confessions

Once again, I'm linking up with E over at E, Myself & I for midweek confessions. Wait a minute...has it already been a week since my last midweek confession? Time is flying!  Here they are--my confessions for the week. PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who deals with the first one...

*When I get anxious or nervous, I have the annoying habit of sweating. Especially in the underarm area. Especially when I am wearing clothing (such as the cute green short sleeve collared shirt I wore last week) that shows the tiniest droplet of water. I think it's because I know if I do sweat, the shirt will show it, and that makes me nervous, and therefore I sweat. Does that mess even make sense?? I've even considered getting my underarms botoxed! (As an aside, the only reason I didn't was because insurance would pay for the Botox--at a cool twelve HUNDRED dollars a VIAL before they paid--but they wouldn't pay for the procedure, which was $390 PER ARM. Ridic.)  So, anyway, I did a video testemonial for my church about women's bible study last week (another aside, if you aren't connected at your church, try a bible study. Or come to mine!!!!). I wore the aforementioned green shirt, which looked cute--until I started to get nervous. I could feel it coming on, and had no power to stop the forces that lie within. In a mere matter of seconds, my underarms were sweating and I knew that if I lifted my arms at all, my secret would be revealed. So I kept my arms tight against my body. What does this do, you may ask? MAKE THE SWEAT WORSE! It didn't help matters any when, as we were leaving, I said, "Wooo, I was a little nervous", and proceded to lift my arm up so my daughter could see my shirt. "Is it bad?" I innocently ask, at which point (much to my dismay), she gives this look like "Is the Pope Catholic????" and says "Ewww...uh, YEAH".  Thanks, dearest.

*I really don't like cleaning the bathrooms (as in, I hate cleaning the bathrooms). Therefore, I tend to put that offensive chore off as long as possible. That said, I have not {gulp} cleaned my bathrooms in FOUR WEEKS! Four weeks!! You can only imagine my consternation upon encountering my son's neglected latrine...

*I accidently-on-purpose washed a twisty straw of my daughters in the dishwasher. Did I know it wasn't dishwasher safe? Yes. Did I wash it in the dishwasher anyway. Yup. I honestly didn't think anything would happen to it, so when it came out a little...distorted, I knew she'd be a little miffed. So, I did what all good mothers do when they want to get rid of something of their child's but absolutely do not want that child to know. I dug all the way to the bottom of the trash can where no evidence would be discovered, dropped it in, and promptly took the trash out.

*I allowed my own negativity to put me in a foul mood on Monday. However, it's a new day, and time for a new perspective!

What's your week been like?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I could've written this post.

    I sweat like crazy when nervous, or just all the time.

    Our bathrooms are ignored until it's too bad to ignore anymore.

    I've washed/distorted many a twisty straw in my day.

    As for the negativity, my bad day was Tuesday.

    Happy Wednesday to ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that someone else understands what it's like :) Thanks for reading!!

      Delete