Friday, November 30, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Wonder

I'm linking up with Lisa Jo Baker over at tales from a gypsy mama, and today is the last five minute Friday for the entire year! So get out your pens, pencils or keyboards, and join me. And remember: no editing, no overthinking, no backtracking.


Wonder...

I've always wondered what my life would be like if my mom had fought her cancer successfully and lived. Or if she had never gotten sick at all. Would I have finished out my 4 years at Lynchburg College? Would I have met my husband? Would I still live in my hometown? Would I have my precious babies?

Would I have gotten to know my God?

The only reason that I began to turn to Him in the first place was because losing my mom was one of the most traumatic and gutwrenching things I've ever gone through. And He's been there for me, every step of the way.

If I hadn't had to deal with that hardship, would I have had the chance to experience His sweet grace and mercy the way I have in my most vulnerable and despondent moments?

I wonder...

My mama  and me :)

 
 
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
{Proverbs 3:5-6}

1 comment:

  1. The pain of losing a mother. Wow. I have yet to experience that, but I have experienced deep loss and pain. It is all a part of our experience (difficult and easy) that takes us down the path we are today. I think of the miscarriages between my first and second child. While my heart wonders at who they might have been, I look into the eyes of my daughter (now 10) and know she wouldn't be if either one of the babies had been born. The ache is softened now. I remember vividly of how He took my hand and comforted me as I grieved.

    ReplyDelete