Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Midweek Confessions

It's been awhile since I've done Midweek Confessions, so today I'm linking up with E over at E, Myself and I for a healthy dose of things that make you go hmmm...or at least things that I've done over the past few weeks that might make you glad to be you and not me ;)

-It's been a few {ahem} weeks since I've cleaned those blasted bathrooms. I have had every good intention of getting them cleaned, but things just keep popping up (darn). I decided it was high time I clean my bathroom today, and during the course of scrubbing, wiping and de-gunking, I decided that someone else would probably do a much better job than I do at cleaning (any takers? Please??? I can't pay you but I'd be very good company while you clean.). I'm ok at cleaning, but I hate doing the bathrooms the most, and so I get in a hurry and don't do as good of a job as I should. You'd think that since I am aware of this flaw, I would change my ways, but alas, here I am blogging when the bathroom is still not completely done.

This picture has nothing to do with this blog. I just looked at it and said "WHA? How the heck to you wash your hand?"

Ok. I feel better. My bathroom will always look better than this.
 

-A few weeks ago, I was at the grocery store, and I had gotten dressed up (read: jeans and Danskos instead of sweatpants and tennis shoes) and I had my hair did on top of all that. So, I think I'm not looking too shabby. I was walking towards a man who was looking intently at me, and the closer I got, the more he stared. I mean, yes, of course I looked good, but honestly, he needn't stare. I had almost passed him when he stopped me. "Ma'am," he says to me (honestly--ma'am?) "You have something in your hair. I think it's a fruit sticker." I looked down, and sure enough, I had a big 'ole sticker from a piece of fruit stuck in my hair. Brilliant. That'll take the wind right out of your sails for sure.

-Since many of my mishaps tend to happen at the grocery store (I spend a lot of time there...), I had to roll my eyes at my self for letting this happen...again. We cancelled the credit card I normally use at the store, and my husband reminded me that I needed to take the new card in. I got all my groceries, went through the entire checkout, and swiped my card. DENIED. What?!? Oh, then I remembered that I had just swiped the card that was just cancelled. Duh. So, the check-out girl is staring at me, the people behind me in line are drilling holes in the back of my head, like "Get on with it!", all my groceries are packed up and ready to go, and I'm dumbfounded. So, I say, "Oh! I've used the wrong card! So sorry! I've just got to run out to the car and grab the right one! Back in a flash!" And there I was, running across the Kroger parking lot for my card while register 7 waited patiently. As it turns out, the woman behind me was having quite the friendly chat with the check-out girl when I returned. A benefit of living in a smaller town. (Just as an aside, I did the same thing at Wal-Mart about a year ago, except that I had just forgotten my whole entire wallet at home while I went off merrily shopping, only to pick out a bunch of stuff, have it bagged up, and then have to leave my entire basket full of stuff sitting at the end of the register because I had no way to pay for it. Yes, my face was red on both accounts.)

Remember: they only take money. Not smiles.

-I'll let this be last for know, since I could write a novel on Unfortunate Heather Events. My daughter has to do a science project on the solar system. Most of the time, I am involved in the projects that come home from school. I don't have the creativity it takes to come up with any other solar system project than of the Styrofoam ball variety, so while at AC Moore, I discovered that there was a Styrofoam ball solar system kit! Hooray! We bring it home, we put it together. The project is in the bag! Except for these few unfortunate words my daughter said after school today: "Mom, my teacher says that we cannot use a kit for our project."  Yes, I am making a face right now... >:/

Who has time for this??

No comments:

Post a Comment