Tuesday, January 29, 2013



As I was watching TV the other night, a new commercial for Dr. Pepper came on (and I said to myself I really need to start recording this show...). However, I'm actually really glad that I saw this particular commercial, because it's all about how Dr. Pepper is a one-of-a-kind drink.  And in a weird, Dr. Pepper-sort-of-way, I was reminded of how I  (and yes, you) am also a one-of-a-kind person. It's silly to
compare myself with anyone else because, well, simply put, they aren't me. And I'm not them. I'm me.

And it's okay to be me. Some days I have to convince myself of that more than others, but it's true.

In fact, I'm the only me there is (and, yes, you are the only you there is), so maybe we could be rejoicing about the fact that we aren't all alike, but we each add a unique and individual perspective to life. It makes life fun and adventurous (and a little crazy at times, but what's a little fun without a little crazy?).

We all have so much to add, so much to give, so much to offer (yes, you do have a lot to offer!)...and so much to gain from looking to God as our mirror instead of other people. His offer of peace, joy and contentment is so much better than the constant striving of the world.

I used to think that it was always someone else who had something great to offer, always someone else who had something tremendous to add, but I'm realizing that we all have something big to add. Because of His extravagant love, we are free to just be. To just be me. To just be you. Beautiful, unique and valuable, each in our very own, very special way.

No comments:

Post a Comment