Thursday, January 3, 2013

I am super-excited about this.

One of my very most favorite things to do is design and decorate. I love leafing through magazines like Architectural Digest, Better Homes and Gardens, House Beautiful, and I enjoy getting really great ideas from my two personal favorite catalogues, Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. It's fun for me to dream and design in my head, although sometimes I think the people around me (I'm not naming any names, but you know who you are!) get really tired of me talking about my improvements all the time. I know I can't do everything I dream up, and it's not that I'm not grateful for what I have, I just really enjoy thinking of ways to change things up a little.

My dining room started out with white blinds, no shades, and these walls I couldn't seem to put anything with.

 
The furniture is vintage, from my grandmother, and the light fixture is one that I brought over from my other house.

Before too long, I switched out my rug for one that matched a little better and got some awesome rust-colored curtains with a unique square curtain rod.

 
And then, the piece-de-resistance: I found this awesome light fixture at a local store that was marked down. As soon as I saw it I knew that it belonged in my dining room, and my loving, generous husband bought it for me for Christmas.

You can see the shade has writing on it in French, and it's covered by this distressed wire.
The top of the light.
The bottom of the light.

Photo


 

Today, I finally got the light fixture hung, and with a few more decorative pieces, I think the dining room is finally coming together.

 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. love your new light fixture!!!! it really brings together the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore this light fixture! Keep writing and putting yourself out there!

    Ali
    www.raisingcathedrals@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for the encouragement :)

      Delete