Monday, February 18, 2013

I could hardly see his face through the tinted window as he waved good-bye, hand formed in the classic sign for "I love you", our special sign to each other as we wave good-bye each day.

Sad, I thought.

Sad that I can't keep them little forever, sad that he sometimes calls me mom instead of mommy, sad that I have to let go, sad that the world slowly steals the innocence from their eyes.

I got my hot tea, my devotional and my Bible and sat down for a little quiet time, but I couldn't help but think about both of them. Is my influence enough? Am I doing enough? Do they know how much I love them?

I opened my new devotional (Jesus Calling by Sarah Young), where I was immediately reassured that He is with me through life's ups and downs. Sometimes I don't have to be in the midst of a tragedy to appreciate the reminder that He is holding my right hand.

And He's holding their right hand as well, guiding them in an uncertain world where  He remains strong and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment