Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Healthy, Strong and Active

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you are in the right spot.

I couldn't be happier with my new look! I owe a special thanks to Thirsty Hearts Design for the super cute new header.

Isn't it cute?

Photo: Åhlens in Sweden got new mannequins. Instead of the 'normal' size 0, these are size 6 and 10. Some people are saying that they 'condone obesity'. 'Like' if you think these are realistic and think size 6 and 10 should be considered beautiful!

In other news, I found this picture floating around FaceBook, with the accompanying message:

Åhlens in Sweden got new mannequins. Instead of the 'normal' size 0, these are size 6 and 10. Some people are saying that they 'condone obesity'. 'Like' if you think these are realistic and think size 6 and 10 should be considered beautiful!

I, of course, "liked" the photo and shared it on my page.

I think the mannequins shown in this picture look great, and to say that they condone obesity is absurd. Our culture has gotten too obsessed with being skinny when using a size 6 or 10 model, whether human or mannequin, is considered "condoning obesity". It's no wonder so many women have issues with their size.

I think we should condone "healthy", "strong", and "active"--and maybe even {GASP!} "curvy" and "voluptuous". And if that means a size 10, then so be it.

I also think some women out there are desperate to stop the war on their bodies. They need to hear that "healthy" is a good thing, and that "skinny" isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I've gotten so much more comfortable in my skin in the past year as I've begun to accept my body instead of constantly fight against it. I've started to see that I can be beautiful just the way I am. And yes, I said beautiful. Not okay, not just fine, not alright--beautiful.

There is beauty in not constantly striving. There is beauty in confidence. There is beauty in peace. And grace.

And curves.

1 comment:

  1. Love love LOVE your new look!!!! So cute!
    And I completely agree with you...I think the goal should be finding the happy weight/look for your body and not trying to fit what someone else says is an ideal.

    ReplyDelete