Friday, April 12, 2013

FIve Minute Friday: Here

I'm linking up again with Lisa Jo for my weekly dose of Five Minute Friday. I love the freedom Five Minute Friday provides: no pressure, no getting it just right, no over-thinking...just writing my thoughts for five quiet, uninterrupted minutes.


Here

I've often lived life in the "here-there" frame of mind: here is where I am, but there is where I want to be. I used to wait and wonder aloud When will I be done with this phase of life so I can start the next? I would sit through church services on the Promised Land and wonder when I would find my Promised Land. I would talk with friends about God's will for their lives, and I would wonder inside when God would reveal His plan for my life. I would sit through hours of holding a crying baby, or a disgruntled toddler, or an unhappy preschooler and wish they were just a little bit older so they could handle themselves better.

Then I realized that my here is actually my there.

I don't have to sit and wait for the future to get better, because the present is what I live in and it's pretty darn good.

I'm here because I'm meant to be here. God is working in my life because I am actively searching for Him.  Now I'm here but not yearning to be there. I don't have to wait for the future to be happy, peaceful or content. I can be happy right here.

3 comments:

  1. It's so hard to be content in our "here"... I know I can't move into the "there" though until I am good with the here! WOW, that's deep LOL!! Dropped in from FMF! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Realizing your here is your there. What a great thought! Perhaps the secret to being content and satisfied whatever the circumstances.

    Christy @ A Heartening Life
    www.ahearteninglife.com

    ReplyDelete