Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wandering Mind

I found this quote on Pinterest the other day, and kept it as a quote I wanted to remember (I, like my sister, am very judicial with what I pin on my boards, so it's got to be good if I save it). I pretty much forgot about it after I pinned it, since half of the stuff I pin I never actually look at again (hence the judicial pinning). I came across this quote today as I was looking through some pictures with a friend of mine, and as I reread it, it really made me stop and think. What do I think about when my mind wanders?  Here are just a few of the things I was thinking about today...

I wish I had a dog. I'm lonely sometimes, and I need a pet to keep me company...

I really wish J wouldn't play in the woods. Ticks, snakes, spiders...yuck...

I wish A would get her homework done so she could get some exercise outside. Why does she have so much homework in the first place?

I wish I had a dog. Wouldn't it be fun to get a puppy...they are so cute! What would I name a puppy if I had one...

I'm so glad I got in a good workout today! Whoo to the hoo! I wonder how many calories I burned...I'm hungry...should I eat? What should I eat? What is healthy that is low-calorie? I don't want to defeat the purpose of working out...but dang, I'm hungry...

What is she doing up there? Homework still? I'd better go check on her...

I think I need to cut peanut butter out of my diet, I eat way to much of it..16 grams of fat per serving...outrageous...

Deuteronomy 6:5 says that we should love the Lord with all our heart, soul and might, and Mark 12:28-30 describes this as the most important commandment of all. It describes having a passion for Him. Which I would say I do if someone ever asked.

And yet...

And yet my focus is on anything but the Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment