Friday, May 10, 2013

FMF: Comfort

There are days I'm comfortable in my own skin, with the decisions that I have made, with the way that I look, the conversations I have, the way that I feel.

Let me tell you, sister.

Today ain't one of those days.

Every decision I make I have agonized over (Should I drink water or Diet Dr. P? Should I work out? Should I keep the rug I just purchased? Should I look for another one that's a touch bigger? Should I wear jeans or sweatpants? Am I hungry because I'm eating or eating because I'm hungry?). I feel like a slob in my sweatpants and tee-shirt (see above). I feel out of sorts. I just can't seem to pull it together.

Definitely not comfortable.

And just when I think I've had enough and the best place for me is my bed for the rest of the day, I hear a quiet voice speak over the din in my head: I Am your Peace and your Comfort.

He is where it begins, He's where it ends, and He's all over the in-between.

The definition of comfort.

Linking up with Lisa Jo over at lisajobaker.com for Five Minute Friday!

1 comment:

  1. "He is where it begins, He's where it ends, and He's all over the in-between." Yes. And isn't it grace how our hearts find true comfort only in Him? Thank you for your words. They remind me to look up and past the countless decisions, thoughts, and challenges of a day to our wonderful source of peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete