Wednesday, May 8, 2013

So. Annoying.

I'm feeling a bit peevish today, so I'm wearing my favorite tee in the hopes that it will improve my temper by osmosis.

I really didn't want to take a picture of my face, but a headless me looked really weird. In fact, this picture is pet peeve #3 because it ain't no good. So. Annoying.


Pet Peeve # 36 is that the shirt under my HAP-PAY! shirt (the aforementioned favorite--do you know what show this is from??) keeps riding up over the top of my jeans, presumably because it is too small. This annoys me (although not enough to actually change), and I've been jerking it down all day long.

Pet Peeve #59 is that while cleaning my son's bathroom, I came to the realization that gifting my children with their own bathrooms may have been a miscalculation on my part, because I thought I could teach them good cleaning habits. Don't laugh. With that being said, after cleaning, I also would not want to share a bathroom with either of my children. What we have here is a lose-lose, ladies and gentlemen.

Pet Peeve #82 is that the only time I remember that I need to make an appointment to take my car in is when I am actually in the car, at which point it is very inconvienent to schedule said appointment. So annoyed with myself about that.

Pet Peeve #117 is that it's been raining for 3 days straight, and we are experiencing here at my house what we have termed "extra energy". It causes pencils to fly across the room at any given second, children to mysteriously fall right out of their seats at dinner time, words to be YELLED instead of spoken, and running, tickling, and attack games to be played underfoot whilst I attempt to prepare dinner.

Pet Peeve #201 is that I have a breakout on my face.

It came to my attention today that a young lady, only 25 years old and married for a year, is battling brain cancer. She and her family have recently decided to stop all treatments.

Let me take a minute to let that one sink in.

Let me take a minute to think about all the life I experience today that she may never get to.

Pet Peeve # 1 is that I allow little annoyances to make me uproariously ill-tempered and I rarely stop to think about and appreciate what a blessing life is.

Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment