Thursday, May 2, 2013

Killing Us Softly 4

Yesterday I talked a little about how I looked (and felt) in a pair of slim fit pants I bought. I joked about it, and honestly, it didn't bother me all that much, but I have to admit, I did use the full length mirror in my closet to peek around and assess my backside. Even though I'm coming around to believe that there is more than one narrow definition of beauty, I still have moments where I want to look just like the size-zero model with size D's on the cover of Victoria's Secret.

But when I watched the following excerpt, I understood more that the Victoria's Secret model probably wants to look like that girl on the cover, too.

Watch this excerpt from Killing Us Softly 4, where "Jean Kilbourne takes a new and refreshing look at how advertising traffics in distorted and destructive ideals of femininity".

Maybe we can all start to reassess where our worth comes from.

Miss the link? Go to http://documentarylovers.com/killing-us-softly-4-advertising-women/.

No comments:

Post a Comment