Tuesday, May 28, 2013

This Is the Stuff

Mo' money, mo' problems.
{Notorious B.I.G.}
 
 
Well, as my mom always used to say, the more stuff you have, the more stuff you have to break.
 
In a country where wealth is paramount, many people (save a few good souls who seem to have their heads on straight when it comes to their bankroll) strive to buy the biggest and the best that they can afford (or not)--and I include myself in this category. It's true that I pine over Pottery Barn catalogues and Houzz rooms, and it's true that I dream of what I cannot have.
 
But it's okay, because I was brought back down to earth this morning as I stepped into a (very!) cold shower. I knew it right away. That dern hot water heater was out again. I wanted to scream, or yell, or tell somebody how frustrating it is to have an appliance that is supposed to work right just quit. Kaput. Done. And then to have to spend all of one's time dealing with a service technician, ordering a part (and paying overnight delivery fees-wow)...well. I'm sure someone out there can relate. As Francesca Battistelli sings This is the stuff that drives me crazy, this is the stuff that's getting to me lately, in the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed...
 
But, like I told the service technician, I have clothes on my back, food on the table, and people who love me. Life is good. Even when a hot shower isn't readily available.
 
Anyhow, here I am, late in the day, blogging about my frustrating hot water heater when I supposed to be fixing dinner, but I had to let you know. I took a little break over the weekend (hope it was a fantastic weekend, by the way), and tomorrow will be taken up by a field trip, but check back on Thursday. I'll meet you here!

No comments:

Post a Comment