Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Beauty News

Well, fellow beauty lovers, in April I promised you that I would try a lash enhancer for 8 weeks and let you know the results. I didn't bother to share my results after 4 weeks because, well, there were none. No growth, no nothing. So I waited until I passed the 8 week mark, hoping that I could report long, lush lashes. To my dismay, I have nothing to report except that my lashes look the exact same. No change. Nothing. I'm not even going to share a picture of my eye because it looks no different.

So. Disappointing.

Over the years, on my quest for miracle beauty products, I've tried umpteen different products (even "professionally" applied fake lashes, and let me tell you one thing--you get what you pay for, and I didn't pay that much. I'll just leave it at that, and also that I may have come off looking like a cross between Joan Rivers and a clown), often with the same results--no difference in my appearance and a waste of money. So, if you or anyone you know is considering going to drastic measures for beauty's sake, let me give you a small piece of advice: save your money and learn to appreciate your natural, God-given beauty.

Sometimes people are beautiful.
Not in looks.
Not in what they say.
Just in what they are.” 
{Markus Zusak, I am the Messenger}

In other news, I recently had the thought that I wanted another tattoo. I have one (a purple rose on my shoulder) that I got seconds after I turned the ripe old age of 18. I've been on and off the concept of tattoos for a long time, sometimes thinking they are way cool and others wondering why I ever got one in the first place (this happens when you look at a purple rose stuck on your back forever, and especially when said tattoo has faded and blurred a bit around the edges, and especially especially when your tiny babies start wondering when they can have a sticker like mommy's that doesn't come off.).

I know you probably are leaving right now to go get a purple rose, because this is the coolest thing you've seen since Michael Jackson and The Glove.

So this new idea of mine seems a little impulsive, maybe even a bit reckless and crazy as far as my life is concerned, I admit. Especially considering that I want to put it on the inside of my wrist (ouch), so I'm 99.9999999999% sure I'll probably take my husbands (strong!) advice and not get one, as I have a tendency to act impulsively and then regret my decision later. Thank goodness I have a ying to my yang, or we'd be in all sorts of dilemmas...

What have we learned so far today?

1. Don't waste your money on beauty products that do not work.
2. Learn to appreciate your natural beauty.
3. Tattoos are forever.
4. Think before you act.
5. Ying and Yang were made for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment