Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Baby, Get Your Shine On

So shine bright tonight, you and I
We’re beautiful like diamonds in the sky
{diamonds by rihanna}
 
 
There is very little in my day-to-day life that would cause me to say that I shine--much less shine bright like a diamond. It seems easy for Rihanna to say. After all, she's a huge pop superstar, with a beautiful voice and a face to match. This life that I live, which consists of cleaning toilets and taxiing kids around, doesn't make me feel much like I shine. In fact, I oftentimes feel dull in comparison to others. I question my own abilities and wonder if I just fade into the background of the daily grind.
 
This morning I was reminded that my shine just needs a little polishing.
 
"I am the light of the world...
The Holy Spirit who lives in you can shine from your face,
making Me visible to people around you...
Hold My hand in joyful trust, for I never leave your side.
The Light of My Presence is shining upon you.
Brighten up the world by reflecting who I AM."
{sarah young, jesus calling}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment