Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Life Is Beautiful

Wasn't I just saying on Monday that a simple life is what I'm after?

Yet here I sit today, frustrated because I can't seem to think of anything to write about. The kids are still sleeping (!), the house is quiet, I have some time to sit and actually think, and my mind is blank. No ideas, no issues (!!), no thoughts to expand on...

I googled images of blank thoughts and some odd stuff that has nothing to do with blank thoughts came up. Don't do a google image search of blank thoughts.

Mind you, it's all there, swirling around somewhere in the recesses of my mind, waiting for me to access the thoughts that keep me up at night. I'll think of them at the most inopportune time, wonder briefly why I didn't think of them earlier and scribble down an unintelligible note that I won't be able to decipher later.

When I woke up this morning, I was still tired and didn't want to get out of bed, so what does one do but check her e-mail and scroll through the FaceBook newsfeed? While I like FB and check it daily (sometimes I don't even know why, it can be a colossal waste of time), it seemed like this morning everyone had a negative vibe. Not what I wanted to wake up to. In my world, though, the sun was streaming in the windows and there was nothing to interrupt the thought that popped in my head: This is a beautiful life. It's not perfect and I've had my share of conflict and struggles, but it's still a beautiful life. Or, said better: Life Is Beautiful.

Rest and be thankful.
{william wordsworth}

No comments:

Post a Comment