As for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
As I read the passage for today, I was reminded that a thankful heart is important. Then I scanned the devotion over at the Proverbs 31 website, only to read an entire post on offering up praises and thanksgiving. After that, I read the devotion for today from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, and I bet you can guess what it was about. Yep, you got it. Having a thankful heart, even in the midst of difficult or complicated circumstances.
I'm starting to sense a theme here.
So I thought that today I'd list 20 things (in no particular order of importance) I'm thankful for, and ask you to do the same. When you have a second, list 10...or 20...or 30...things that you are thankful for. I'll bet by the time you get to the end of your list, you'll have a smile on your face, too.
2. Hot showers
3. Kid's laughter
4. My husband's job
6. My senses (sight, hearing, smell, taste, feel)
7. Freedom of religion
8. A democratic government
9. King-sized beds and a soft mattress
11. My sister and her husband
13. The pool
14. My church
15. Grocery stores (We would eat no meat if grocery stores didn't exist!)
17. A tv and cable to keep me occupied while I trudge along on the elliptical
18. Elliptical machines
19. A world of colors. And rainbows.
There are simple blessing in the everyday...sometimes we just have to look a little harder for them :)