Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Thankful Heart


As for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
{psalm 71:14}

As I read the passage for today, I was reminded that a thankful heart is important. Then I scanned the devotion over at the Proverbs 31 website, only to read an entire post on offering up praises and thanksgiving. After that, I read the devotion for today from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young, and I bet you can guess what it was about. Yep, you got it. Having a thankful heart, even in the midst of difficult or complicated circumstances.

I'm starting to sense a theme here.

So I thought that today I'd list 20 things (in no particular order of importance) I'm thankful for, and ask you to do the same. When you have a second, list 10...or 20...or 30...things that you are thankful for. I'll bet by the time you get to the end of your list, you'll have a smile on your face, too.

1.  Rain
2.  Hot showers
3.  Kid's laughter
4.  My husband's job
5.  Electricity
6.  My senses (sight, hearing, smell, taste, feel)
7.  Freedom of religion
8.  A democratic government
9.  King-sized beds and a soft mattress
10. Friends
11. My sister and her husband
12. Summer
13. The pool
14. My church
15. Grocery stores (We would eat no meat if grocery stores didn't exist!)
16. Doctors 
17. A tv and cable to keep me occupied while I trudge along on the elliptical
18. Elliptical machines
19. A world of colors. And rainbows. 
20. Horses
21. Music!

There are simple blessing in the everyday...sometimes we just have to look a little harder for them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment