Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Grasping Sand



With Sandy Hook and the Boston Marathon bombing a not-too-distant memory, and events like Virgina Tech, 9/11 and Columbine as a part of our country's history, I am still troubled over the recent events at the Navy Yard in Washington. In the aftermath, it's hard to grasp the whys and the hows, and even harder to know how to brace ourselves for what may come. Sadly, things like this aren't unfamiliar to us anymore, yet none of us really know how to deal when it happens. The what-ifs run the same track in my head, deepening the already fearful and anxious thoughts I try to hide in the back of my head. I find myself grasping at straws, at any hope of safety and protection this world could provide, but just a glance at the morning news tells me that depending solely on the world is like trying to keep a firm grasp on dry sand, like in the video clip of the dance "Sand".

Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
{psalm 62:2}

No comments:

Post a Comment