Thursday, September 26, 2013

I Got This?

Some days are better than others. Some days I'm feeling good, in control, things under my belt--I can say I got this. Some days I feel like I can't get anything done, I have things waiting to get done hanging over my head, and all I feel like I'm doing is spinning my wheels. And if there's ever a feeling I've hated with much passion, it's that. I want to feel accomplished, not inept.

Today happens to be one of those days. I'm in wheel-spinning mode, trying to balance my plates while they spin precariously in the air. And we all know that if one falls, this entire performance is in danger of a major crash and burn.

google images

As I sit here and contemplate the next 15 things on my to-do list, and I look wildly around a house that is in disarray, I feel God gently tugging at my heart. It seems that in all the rush and demand that this day has brought on, I've completely forgotten about Him. And if there's one thing to be forgotten, He really shouldn't be it. Maybe you feel like me today. Is there a slightly wild look in your eye? Is your hair standing on end? Have you started five things but only actually accomplished one? Do you feel like the people in your life are all looking to you to make "it" (whatever it may be) happen, to keep it going, to keep it balanced and in place and where it's supposed to be?


Then let's all take a minute (okay, 30 seconds), take a deep breath, and remember that while we may not have life completely mastered right now, all it takes is a moment to regroup and remember that He is never to far away to hear us when we cry.
Jesus Calling, Sarah Young

No comments:

Post a Comment