Friday, February 21, 2014

Jeans

I put on my jeans.

They didn't feel right.

I looked in the mirror.

I didn't like what I saw.

I changed my jeans.

They didn't feel right, either.

I looked in the mirror.

I didn't like my reflection.

I put on my original pair of jeans.

I have a healthy body. Lungs that breath.  Eyes that see and ears that hear. Hair I can put into a ponytail. Arms to grab my loved ones and hold on tight. Legs to run until I can't run anymore. A roof over my head.

I am blessed.

I ignored that mirror on my way out the door.

2 comments:

  1. I had this problem this morning, only it was a blouse. Oh yea and my hair too. We need to remember what is really important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! What's really important--and it's not usually my jeans ;)
    Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete