Friday, April 4, 2014

Hey, Ya'll

Ladies and Gentlemen!

Boys and Girls!

Children of all ages!

(Actually, scratch that "children of all ages" part, because I don't really like children of any ages right now, so I'll just leave it at "ladies and gentlemen". Don't ask me to babysit.)

I'm back!

After a long hiatus from blogging (I got a lot more housework done, FYI), I've had some time to settle into my new role as instructor extraordinaire, and I'm finally feeling confident enough to begin blogging again.

I've also had some time to contemplate what triggered the hiatus in the first place. And to be perfectly honest, it had everything and nothing to do with a busy schedule.

I was beginning to fear. Fear what people thought of me. Fear what people thought of my blog. Fear what the numbers said about the success of my blog. And fear that I didn't have what it takes to write. Anything. Much less a blog about insecurity. I started comparing myself to other people (there are some awesome bloggers out there, by the way), and, in the end, I used the excuse of a busy schedule to take a break and reassess.

I didn't think I'd come back.

And here I am. At the nudging of the Holy Spirit. Writing.

So.

Before I take off for my seventh class this week (yes, I had to throw that in there)--I was supposed to leave 3 minutes ago, actually--I'm sending out this quick message.

I'm here. And I'm writing.

Now it's your turn.

Read. Share.

Go.

2 comments: