Wednesday, May 28, 2014

You Are Beautiful

For we are God's handiwork, 
created in Christ Jesus to do good works, 
which God prepared in advance for us to do.
{ephesians 2:10}

I just walked in the house after being outside for a few precious moments, enjoying the sun's ascent into the sky before it gets too hot and my day gets too busy.

Photo

I know that God's work is everywhere, but sometimes I don't see it through my hurried, anxious, what's-next and what-if state. But when I went outside this  morning, I was stunned once again at the masterpiece He has created in the world around me.

I love artwork, especially pieces from the Renaissance time period. Pieces from artists like Mary Cassatt and Renoir (I googled an image search of these two and included the links, so just be prepared for what you might find that has nothing to do with Cassatt or Renoir) absolutely take my breath away with their beauty and elegance, but nothing can compare to a beautiful sunrise or the mountains on a hazy day.

Everything, from a delicate rose to a jagged mountain to a baby's laugh, has the thumbprint of God firmly stamped on it.

This includes me and you, too.

God's ultimate masterpiece wasn't Earth itself, as exquisite as it is. It was us. You and me. We were made beautiful, bearing His image.

So God created mankind in His own image, 
in the image of God He created them;
male and female He created them.
{genesis 1:26-28}

To look in the mirror and criticize yourself, to compare yourself to what you see in a magazine or on TV, to hate yourself for what you are and what you look like...to think otherwise is a mistake.

From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth.
{psalm 50:2}


No comments:

Post a Comment