Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Day 3

Day 3.

And we are already weary of the early morning wake-up call, the hurry to grab a bite, the rush to the bus, the does-this-outfit-match-mom inquiries...oh, and then there's the actual work, which is what school is all about.

I missed them terribly the first day. I may have even cried a little when he got on the bus and I dropped her off at school. BF (Before Kids) I wasn't aware that such an ache could exist, unless I was being shunned by a boy who thought he was a good lover, but this ache that belongs with being a parent-- I wasn't prepared for it.

I was anxious all day long for them. For them. Like I was between the ages of 9 and 12 and feeling all those feelings all over again. Will she get her locker open? Will he find his friends? Will she make it to her classes? Will someone ask him to play on the playground? Are they lost, scared, anxious or sad? 

I don't know why I do it. Why I torture myself with what I think they are going through. But my heart couldn't rest until they were both home, reporting their day over a snack before they made a hasty exit to the freedom of the outdoors.

google images

To play.

To be a kid.

At least until homework was remembered, dinner was eaten, showers were taken, and the night was ended with a kiss and a prayer, a preparation so we could do it all over again the next day.

The bus is here, another end to another day. Another snack, another report. But this day, no more anxiety. No more worry. Because I finally remembered where to put my trust.

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
{1 peter 5:7}

No comments:

Post a Comment