Monday, August 4, 2014

Nonsensical

So.

I started a post this morning about Sir Mix-A-Lot and Baby Got Back, and then realized that the words I was writing were about as nonsensical as Dr. Seuss, so then I went and put in my contacts and made my bed in the hopes that something would happen while I was gone.

google images

It didn't.

So today, I'm offering you encouragement and some different nonsensical thoughts from one of my favorite authors, Beth Moore, in the hopes that you will leave today feeling refreshed, not confused.

What God is doing in your life right now may not make sense to you, but it's not because He's (it's me and my thoughts--and what is He not? Nonsensical! What!) nonsensical. It's because He's creative. God wants us to surrender to His will, but we tend to want a blueprint of His plans so we can decided whether or not to surrender. (Hey--it's me again--and this totally describes me.)

Had you been a spectator during only the first three days of creation, you might not have judged it as good. What good are seed-bearing plants with no sun for photosynthesis? In His wisdom God knew the work was good because He knew what was coming next. He knows what's coming next for you. That's why He can judge His work in you as good. Give God room to be completely creative. Meet with Him daily as He unfold the plan in perfect order. 

He's really good at what He does."

{beth moore, whispers of hope}

Read. Talk. Share.

Be encouraged by the nonsensical-ness of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment