Wednesday, December 31, 2014

reformed

Here's one from August...enjoy your New's Eve Celebrations. Be safe!

Happy Weekend!

It's been an odd week. Several strange events, several important events, all culminating in me forgetting to take my son to meet the teacher on Friday, because I was hyper-focused on my daughter's middle school orientation.

No mother of the year award here. Nothing like sending the message that one of your children is more important than the other.

Then. To add to the weirdness of the week.

I witnessed a car crash this morning on my way home from the gym (BodyFlow=ahhhhh). Apparently, someone was trying to turn left across two lanes of traffic, and altogether missed the visual of the minivan that was traveling at 40 MPH toward them.

15 seconds earlier and it could have been me.

And a couple of months ago, my husband and I were traveling on the same road we travel every single day, and when we came around a blind curve at 55MPH, there was a car at a dead stop waiting to turn left. The motorcycle that was right in front of us didn't expect a stopped car, either, and had to swerve around (I think he had to swerve into the opposite lane, also a blind curve--thank goodness no one was coming or that would have been really bad). It scared me.

Ya'll, what I'm trying to tell you is that I am a completely reformed driver.

Tailgater becomes tailgatee.

That's right. I no longer suffer from road rage. Now I am the one who minds the speed limit carefully, travelling at or below (that's right--below!) the limit, who stays in the right lane (at least I stay in the right lane if I'm going to be slow--a slow person in the left lane really chaps my fanny), who tries to remember to signal, who does not get stressed out about other people who are travelling at a snail's pace.

I did not think it was in me, and now look at me. Turning over a new leaf.

My husband does not like the way I drive. "Indecisive" and "slow" were two words he used to describe me.

I'm okay with that.

The way I see it, if I can revolutionize the way I drive, other areas of my life are up for a make over, too.

Gossip. Pride. Greed. Selfishness. Negativity. Doubt. Faith.

It's time to get to work.

P.S. Apparently, mini-me (my daughter) and her dad  had words this morning over...a missing plastic baseball. No one has seen said baseball. No one knows where said baseball could possibly be. Everyone claims "not me" did it. Did what? Stole the baseball out of it's rightful habitat, I guess. Anyway, mini-me was grievously offended over the exchange and vowed that she would not (WOULD NOT!!) be making his birthday cake after all. As in, today we are celebrating dad's birthday, and I said I would make him a cake because I like to bake but I am intensely and distressingly offended over the earlier dispute and now I am refusing to make a cake for him. Even if it is his birthday.

It's just not right for someone to be without a birthday cake on their birthday. So I'm filling in as Master Baker. A Sous-Baker, if you will.

Sometimes the smallest people can make the biggest fuss!




No comments:

Post a Comment