Thursday, September 24, 2015

High on Life: The Update

Both kids walked out of the house in clean clothes today, and only one of them was raging against the system.

The Rubiks Cube was found. (Room.)

The Nikes were found. (Gym locker.)

The shirt was found. (Bottom of the laundry pile.)

The money was paid back. (Ahem...access to her account. With permission. Obviously.)

No one has gone hungry. (Finickiness is a different story.)

My eyes still look a little funny. And I'm still the meanest person on the planet and deserve to die.

When I mentioned the good parent reference yesterday, I had heard something similar at my Tuesday morning bookclub. And then lo and behold, last night I read the exact quote in Jen Hatmaker's book For The Love. I wouldn't want to take credit when credit isn't due, so here's the exact quote:

if you're worried about being a bad parent,
you are probably a good one.
{jen hatmaker}

You need to immediately click over to Amazon and buy this book.

Also from Jen, quoting from the book UnMarketing:

Don't try to win over the haters;
you're not the jackass whisperer.
{scott stratten}

Go. Have a happy Thursday. And take peace in the fact that haters will still hate, and kids will still be mad, and we don't have to worry one single second longer about it. Ever.

See ya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment